Restorative Strategies for the Classroom Certificate
Overcome challenging behaviors and attitudes using restorative strategies as an alternative to punitive discipline. As an alternative, teachers and administrators utilize techniques that not only reduce existing behavior problems but more importantly, provide communication tools and conflict resolution strategies that students will carry with them for the rest of their lives. Transform difficult challenges into relationship building opportunities. The Restorative Strategies Certificate, courses, and tools will equip you with the skills to reach this goal. Restorative Strategies from Fresno Pacific University offers training for the classroom teacher, school administrators, or the entire school and can be adapted to your specific needs.
Looking for solutions? Fill your tool belt with Restorative Strategies! Four options available to meet your needs (Blended training, Online Training, Face-to-Face Training, and Consultation)
How do I get started?
Select two of the required courses and your choice of any three to four elective courses to total at least 14 units.
Required Courses (select 2 courses):
- EDUC-915N: Classroom Restorative Discipline
- EDUC-921: PBIS: Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support
- EDUC-926: Positive Discipline in the Classroom
How do I obtain the certificate?
- Complete two of the required courses and 3-4 elective courses as specified above to total at least 14 units.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 14 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.