Student Engagement Certificate
Student Engagement Certificate addresses a wide variety of skills and techniques that teachers use to keep students organized, orderly, focused, attentive, on task, and academically productive during the day. When classroom management and engagement strategies are executed effectively, teachers minimize the behaviors that impede learning for both individual students and groups of students, while maximizing the behaviors that facilitate or enhance learning. Generally speaking, effective teachers tend to display strong classroom management skills, while the hallmark of the inexperienced or less effective teacher is a disorderly classroom filled with students who are not working or paying attention.
How do I get started?
- EDU-900: Engaging All Students Through Cooperative Learning
- EDU-902: Curriculum Games for the Primary Grades
- EDU-903: Curriculum Games for the Intermediate Grades
- EDU-924: Instructional Strategies to Inspire Learning
- EDU-929N: Real World Authentic Learning
- EDU-930: Student-Centered Learning
- EDU-932: Kahoot! in the Classroom
- EDU-938: Teach Like a Pirate (Book Application)
- EDU-939: Teach Like Finland (Book Application)
- EDU-941: Classroom Dramatics (K-5)
- EDU-945: Gamification in the Classroom
- EDU-946: Shake Up Learning (Book Application)
- EDU-962: Playful Learning: Putting Play to Work in the Classroom
- EDU-963: Making Thinking Visible
- EDUC-910: Teacher Efficacy
- EDUC-911: Rethinking Homework
- EDUC-913: Engage Students to Achieve Results
- EDUC-917: Teach with Your Strengths
- EDUC-922: Understand Student Communication
- MAT-915: Recreational Math for the Classroom
- MAT-929: Fostering Math Discussions
- TECH-911: Teaching with Nearpod
- TECH-913: The Interactive Class (Book Application)
How do I obtain the certificate?
- Complete at least 15 units of elective courses as specified above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.